1. How many wedding receptions have you performed at ?
a. As of January 2014, I have performed at over 450 wedding receptions, 100 Corporate Events, and many Bar/Bat Mitzvah Celebrations.. I generally perform at about 50-60 formal events per year.
2. It is possible to get a demo tape?
a. No. A tape would be too easy too manipulate and I could make myself look like a DJ God if I so desired. It could also give you a false impression that I am only one type of DJ. I want you to have an honest opinion and view about me and the services I offer. To that end, many past clients have graciously given me permission to post their phone numbers and emails for you to contact them and also there are many testimonials about my services.
3. May I see you perform at a wedding reception?
a. No. My policy is to NOT allow viewing of my services at wedding receptions or other private functions. It would be unfair and unethical of me to allow a stranger to “pop-in” and watch even a few minutes of their big day. It would give the impression that I care more about the “next sale” rather than the party in front of me. I would much rather lose a booking than allow my services to be compromised at ANY private function.
4. How much do you charge?
a. This is a loaded question!
I am not a cookie-cutter DJ and cannot give you a real quote until we actually talk about your specific needs. My wedding reception and bar/bat mitzvah reception rates range from $599-1199 and yes, that is well above “average” – but then again, you aren’t looking for an average DJ/Entertainer are you?
I provide many more services above and beyond the typical DJ service. I have attempted to explain the service that I provide for you and hopefully this will give you a better understanding of why I charge what I do.
5. Why are you so expensive?
a. For the level of service I provide, I am considered very well priced. I am a Full-Time Professional and constantly receive training from the Top professionals in the country to maintain an edge to my service, etc. This is how I make my living. 90% of DJs in this country are Part-Time Hobbyists.
6. Are you limited to only 4 or 5 Hours because you have another wedding?
a. In most cases NO! Unfortunately the venue dictates the time allotted for a wedding reception. I will generally play only ONE EVENT PER DAY. This assures you that the quality of Disc Jockey Services you will receive from me will be very high.
7. Are you a “High Strung” DJ? or Do you make yourself the “Center of Attention”?
a. Another way to word this question is “are you an obnoxious DJ that does nothing but play games, use props, or make a spectacle of myself”? The answer is NO!
I will customize your event to your needs, I will motivate only when the time is appropriate, while not intentionally making a spectacle of myself. I am NOT the center of attention, YOU are. If you do want games and props, I certainly do offer them.
8. How early do you arrive prior to a wedding reception?
a. My arrival time is generally 60-90 minutes prior and setup is complete between 30-45 minutes before stated contract time. You are never charged for this except if there is any extra time required outside of 90 minutes (i.e. the venue requires someone to be setup 4 hours early) will be charged a nominal early set-up fee of $100 per hour (rounded to nearest hour).
9. What do you wear to a wedding reception?
a. I will always dress in appropriate attire according to the event and your wishes. For weddings and school proms, I will always be dressed in a tuxedo unless otherwise requested.
10. I’ve heard horror stories of drunk DJs, DJs that smoke like a chimney. Do you do either of those??
a. ABSOLUTELY NOT! It is truly the act of an unprofessional DJ to smoke and/or drink while on the job. In fact, even off the job I do NOT smoke or DRINK!
11. How many people will be needed to help the DJ?
a. NONE! I am a one-person operation (with the exception of hard to reach venues in which case I will hire help). I handle the equipment myself and all of the set up and breakdown.
12. Will the DJ act as a master of Ceremony?
Yes, if that is what you prefer (90-95% do)
13. Are you able to play continuous music?
a. Yes…the music never stops
14. How much music you have?
a. I always have 20,000 tracks at the ready with access to over 2,000,000 instantly.
15. I don’t have a computer at home and I’m not allowed to print out your HUGE music list. Can you send me a paper copy?
a. Yes I can. Unfortunately, printing and shipping costs require me to charge $100 for this service but I am more than happy to do it.
16. Do you use any theatrical lighting?
a. Yes, but only a very basic set of lights. I will refer you to a Lighting Specialist for something more complex.
17. Do you need a table?
a. Yes. I do require one or two tables of 4-6 feet in length.
18. Are there any special needs for your equipment?
a. Other than the normal precautions for any electrical equipment, no.
19. Do you need to be fed at my wedding reception? a. NO! My belief is that you are paying for me to play music continuously, not to watch me eat. So I will always eat prior to or plan to eat directly after the reception.
20. How many breaks will you take, how often, and for how long?
a. I do not break during your reception as the music remains continuous.
21. What is the payment schedule?
a. A $150.00 non-refundable retainer fee is due when you book my services and the balance is due seven days prior to a wedding reception or bar/bat mitzvah reception by MONEY ORDER or CERTIFIED CHECK. Personal checks are NOT accepted for final payment.
22. What if I do bounce a check?
a. You will be charged the state maximum of $35.00 in addition to the amount of the check as well as a late fee of $100
23. What happens if my payment is late?
a. A late fee of $100 will be added for all final payments that are late.
24. What is the cancellation policy?
a. Events cancelled within 180 days of event date will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee (50% of the remaining balance) , events cancelled within 120 days will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee due to the likelihood that I would not be able to re-book that date in such a short period of time. Please look at the contract for more information.
25. What happens if you get sick or some tragic event happens in your life, do we have a backup?
a. YES! There are backups with experience at the ready through a private network of well-qualified DJs. You will NOT be left stranded without music at your wedding reception!
26. Do you Sub-Contract your work out?
a. NO! I am and have been an independent DJ Service since 1997. Once you contact me, I am the only person you deal with. I do NOT send an inexperienced friend to “cover” your wedding reception. You paid for Experience and that’s what you get with Jim Casey Entertainment! .
27. What does your equipment consist of?
a. Only professional Disc Jockey Equipment and all have backups in case of failure.